Thursday, September 24, 2009

full essay

Its amazing how four words can mean something passionate, "I" meaning me and myself, "believe in" to put faith into and "America" is a place. Though what happens when you put them together? "I believe in America" it means the faith I have in this country, though what about America do I believe in? I believe in its people, because even though they are misguided at most times they have the strength to pull of miracles. They have won wars, made skyscrapers, built dams, they have done things that have changed the world.While you may not see it now, I believe that there is still a burning passion in each human that lives in America. A passion that can change the world, just like it has before in history countless times over.

When I say the people of America are misguided at times I'm speaking from experience, sometimes we just don't know what to do. Not many people make it a living to guide people onto the right path, at times we stray from it and end up in a place where we don't want to be. From my perspective it makes me sad that it isn't a job. I'm not talking about a guidance counselor that puts you in a good school, I'm talking about someone who is there to help with people's problems. People need to know how great life is, that's an America I want to believe in, an America that struggles to live and doesn't give up. Though I am glad that there are some people who struggle to live, because those people can pull off miracles. I've seen them do things that make my jaw drop. There are people that have saved lives, people that don't want to live but keep on living because they are still looking for a reason to live.

To be honest that's what I mostly love about America there are so many people fighting to live and survive in a cold dark world. Sure there are probably millions of countries that do the same thing but America is different, they live for there own purposes. Sometimes those purposes are greedy and selfish, other times they help the world. I don't care if people are good or bad I just care that people live on to better themselves and to better their lives, their families, their friends. This is why I believe in America because people will strive to live, people will strive to make the world a better place.

No comments: