Monday, July 13, 2009

Lord of the Flies #9

You know I've been saying over and over again Light up the Darkness. But what is Light? And what is Darkness? Is Light the good of men? And if so does that make Darkness the evil of men? Then comes the bigger question how do you Light up the Darkness? Some spend their lives dedicated to doing it, they spend their lives finding out how to get rid of Darkness without committing Darkness itself. Even for me, I find my ways of doing it to be fruitless. At first my way of trying to keep people happy worked, but eventually I came to a wall that I just could not overcome. That wall was Love, one of the things that creates the brightest Light, but because it's so bright once it goes off you seem to have forgotten what it feels to be embraced by the Darkness. When that happens what will you do? I closed off my heart, and I'm gradually opening it again thank God.

"When you are the sun you forget what it means to be cold."

Well on the other hand as you can see by the title this is another blog for school :P
Sorry I just haven't been able to write things on my own time, but I will soon...I hope.
In this blog I will be answering three questions that relate to how children should be tried as adults.

1. Do children commit adult crimes?
See for me this question poses another question, is there such as thing as crimes that only adults can commit? Isn't it true that anyone can commit a crime no matter the age? You can't say that children can't commit adult crimes because there is no such thing as an "adult crime" only crimes. I have no idea why some people think that crimes should be limited to adults. If you commit a crime you should be punished equally. I myself think that anyone can commit a crime but the question is, for my teenage readers, will you commit it? It can only depend on your will.

2. Do you think Jack should be tried as an adult?
Jack knows what death is, but I don't think he should be tried harshly. Throughout the book he never actually killed anyone. Simon's death was unintentional, and it was really Roger who killed Piggy. If anything the one who should be tried should be Roger because he killed Piggy intentionally. The only crime that Jack should be tried for is the crime of the aid of the killing of Simon and the crime of attempted homicide.

3. Do you think children should ever be tried as adults?
Yes and No. There are a lot of things revolving around the issue, but in my honest opinion if the child knows what death is then they should be tried as adults. I think that if a child doesn't know what death is then the case is different because the child is to pure to know what he/she did. A child's mind sometimes doesn't know what he/she is doing. That is why there is so many issues revolving around the issue, because it's all about psychology.

No comments: