Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lord of the Flies #6

They say people who procrastinate always get the worst luck, well that means I'm going to have a hell of a day tomorrow. I have an essay due in about 10 hours and I am doing this right now when I had...around 8 hours to do it. So this just goes to show to all people who procrastinate out there, DON'T PROCRASTINATE! Because it's a very bad habit and can cause a lot of problems in the future, trust me on this one. Nothing ever good comes from procrastinating and I know best about that, I mean I'm doing this really late at night and I still have to finish my essay.
Man I'm going to be tired in the morning, he but what do you expect, that's what I deserve for blowing this off at the last minute.

Anyway this blog will be just like last one, so I will be acting as a counselor. But first I would like to say I have reached the point in the book where things get really crazy.
Hobey Ho let's go!

Date Unknown, 1941
Journal entry number 2, still no sign of rescue, I wonder if people have their hands full with the war right now? I woke up this morning with solemn faces surrounding me, no one would tell me why. As I went around the island I didn't see Simon anywhere, I had asked Ralph if he had seen him. Then all of a sudden Piggy was yelling, "that the group of boys killed him thinking he was the beast."(153) I shuddered as they told me the story, unconsciously I thought of how this would effect them over time, death is not something children at this age should cope with. They would probably have horrific nightmares or maybe even a slight case of hysteria, "Ralph though didn't seem affected by the death of Simon"(155), I wondered if he had already gone through something like this.

Though now the boy I am truly worried about, and frightened of, is Jack. He seems to have a horrible case of OCD, he does those weird dances and hunts pigs as if they were rituals to relieve his anxiety or stress. I worry about the boys surrounding him, it seems he wants everything to go his way or he will "punish you"(159) if you don't follow his orders. In my professional point of view I can come to the conclusion that Jack is officially & legally crazy. He will probably need years of therapy to get rid of his extreme version of OCD of course after his sentence in jail for the involvement of murder. As of now most boys on this island, in fact all probably fear him after what had happened to Simon, it was "Murder"(156). I wish I could do something right now but I have been banished to some random remote part of the island. Jack's boys thought that it would be better if I stayed out of the way of their freedom. So as of now I am writing this somewhere trapped in a cage, of course I get fed every now and then, but still it's cruel.

End Entry

1 comment:

mario053 said...

dude haha honestly i dont think jack could "expell" you haha
anyways nice work
keep up the good work