Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lord of the Flies #3

What's up people's!
OK I know I've been saying that I will be putting up something that the masses will like, and I've come up with a cooking blog. I will put up a new blog in a week or two, when I do the link will be in a new post of mine. I will call it...I haven't really thought of a title to be honest, but it'll be awesome. Of course I'll still keep this blog up to talk about my opinions on light versus darkness because I still have the passion of Lighting up this world. I still haven't forgot my promise.

Anyway this blog is the same as the first one I did for summer school, Quote, Question & Comment, but before that I just want to say that Lord of the Flies has been quiet enjoyable.

Quote:

“He capered toward Bill, and the mask was a thing on its own, behind which Jack hid, liberated from shame and self-consciousness

Question:

Why did Jack go crazy when he put on the clay on his face?

Comment:

For me this is a sort of personal experience, I myself always put a mask on, though not literally. I just never show my true face to anyone, but when I really put on a real mask I feel like I am different, a bit crazed of course but different. In this way I think Jack and I are similar and I can understand what it feels like when you put on a mask, the rush, your imagination becoming real. It is nothing to scoff at really because it can be really serious for one reason; you never know what you’re going to turn into. Though I fear for the rest of the group what will happen when he puts on the mask and he tries to kill someone, the mask that Jack puts on is the mask of a bloodthirsty hunter, which is what it symbolizes for me. And with this new twist in the character I can only see that Jack and Ralph might argue, dark against light two forces clashing against each other to see who is actually right on the matter of this survival game that these boys are going through. I can only hope that no one dies, but who knows I think someone will especially with the first death or should I say “disappearance” of the little boy with the mulberry birthmark. This book is just crazy, so I think anything can happen in an island with boys that have twisted personalities. Though I’m pretty sure that the killer will probably be Jack.


No comments: