Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Lord of the Flies #2

HELLO! PEOPLE OF EARTH!
I now at the moment have one reader my summer school teacher Angie, yay for me! ^_^
Anyway as you can see this new post will be for school again, I know I said that I would put something cool next time but how can I if I don't know if anyone is reading this except my teacher? Maybe if I get more readers I will put up cool posts like Recipe of the week or maybe even if there is a certain event happening and to give you heads up on when it's going to happen. I don't know I'm just a teenager....Anyway this post will be three paragraphs long and it is about who I would want as a leader. The leader being someone from Lord of the Flies of course, and I should chose carefully or I might regret it. Anyway time for my rant.


Leaders, have always been such a pain for me, well this is my opinion really. Most people who take lead have always...seemed to know less then I do, and I always wonder why I myself don't try to take leadership. Maybe it's because I haven't met someone who knows how to take authority. If I ever wanted someone to take lead I would want him/her to at least know more than I do on how to do something, or in the case of the book, SURVIVE. I also want him/her to be kind to his/her followers if not what is the point of being a leader, you should not rule with an iron fist, it's just wrong to do so, because people have no voice. So how would you know what your followers are thinking if you rule them with fear and they fear to speak their mind their opinions. See I have no idea what I look for in a leader, maybe because I myself am a natural born leader I just haven't realized it yet. But if I ever do want someone as a leader I at least want them to be the opposite of what I described a bad leader as.

Though I have to say that if I had to chose a character from Lord of the Flies I have no idea who to chose. Though I know I won't chose Jack cause he's a bit....crazy in my opinion, so it's a tie between Piggy and Ralph. Piggy, though not strong physically, is strong mentally, he sees the bigger picture on what is happening in this scenario. Ralph on the other hand has that strong sense of a leader that is fair, a leader that is strong willed, even though I said that they have to be at least smarter than me I think Ralph would be someone I would chose as a leader. I'm not saying that Ralph is dim, what I am saying is that from what I've read so far Ralph has not done a very good job with certain things. Such as the construction of the huts for shelter, it seems that Ralph is not capable of keeping control of the group. Though he is persistent and he continues to make the huts, and I hope that as more people see him doing this they will follow suite, like Simon for instance who stayed to help the hard working Ralph. Also Ralph has that hope that one day they will be rescued by his dad, it's not really silly to think the impossible, because the impossible can be made possible. And with this hope that Ralph is giving the children it bring a light into this dark scenario, a scenario where people see him as a beacon to follow, whom without people would be lost with. That is why out of all the characters in the book I would chose him as a leader, because he has a symbol, the conch. He was the man to gather all the children and form a group that is fighting for survival.

Ralph is a leader and that's all there is to it, but what makes him a leader is the same as every leader that has been recorded in history. It is that he himself is a symbol of light, not the conch, but him. For me that's what makes a good leader, someone who is a beacon for all to follow into safer shores. He is also someone that knows, even though he doesn't really know, he has that instinct of a leader who knows well his waters and can steer through safely without complaints his crewmen. And that's all there is to it really, Ralph is a natural born leader.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Hey man! I think this is cool, even if it is for school :)

icymushroom said...

lol that rhymed ^_^