Sunday, July 5, 2009

Lord of the Flies #4

Hello Humans of EARTH!
Now time to talk more about Lord of the Flies! In this fascinating new post I will be talking about Authority!! You know the thing people have, hate or are afraid of. But before I talk about that I just want to say I have posted up a blog about cooking though the thing is I haven't posted up any recipes yet so it's really nothing yet, but if you want to follow here's the site
http://foodofandres.blogspot.com/
ANYWAY! Time to explore my mind, I mean why else are you here?
This is the Mind Of Andres!
oh and one more thing before I forget
HAPPY BIRTHDAY J. J.!!!!

Authority!
It is such a pain to be honest, there is no freedom with it, you have no idea how many people's faces I've wanted to punch. Of course I've wanted to do it with good reason, you have no idea how many of my friends that are girls, get treated badly by the guys they date, and I always want to beat them up when I see them. That is where AUTHORITY comes in, I can't do anything without getting busted, and what annoys me even more is that the things I do have good reason, but that is not the case for authority. Instead they think that justice has to be handled differently, but that is what makes me even angrier. What is a slap on the wrist going to do? Some people need a taste of their own medicine, they need to feel what it's like to be treated the way they treat girls...of course the same applies when it's girls that are in the wrong. But I don't try to hurt girls so that is when things become difficult, I guess what I'm trying to say is that without Authority I guess I would go beating up every guy that has hurt my friends. Without authority only chaos ensues.

Chaos though, is inevitable for the children on the island already I see that the small authority called Ralph will be challenged. By who? Well I can only guess that it would be Jack the one that also wants to be chief. There have been many incidents where Ralph's authority has been ignored, one instance has been when Jack went hunting and let the signal fire die out. Another instance where the children acted differently without authority, and the author clearly spelled it out, was when Henry picked on the littluns. Also something that has appeared over and over again, is how they pick on each other, I would not say that this is a big thing but if grown ups where around would they do it? I really don't think that they would, because you know that's just how grown ups are, they would not let the children pick on each other.

See I will always hate authority, and for more than one reason, but what will happen without it? The answer is simple an I have already said it, Chaos. Without authority there is no one to control people's anger, there would be no one around to stop people that kill. People would go mad thinking that they are all powerful, or that they can do whatever they want. Just like the children think they could do whatever they want, but there is a limit to what you can do, and once that limit is passed you will only see trouble. Though I hate it, Authority needs to be kept in society, becuase without it there would be no society.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I really found your blog post interesting! So, do you think that authority just needs to be more strict on offenders? Very interesting ideas brought up in your post.